Made to Move

I recently read that our bone and muscle structure was made for movement and that the prime and silent enemy of this structure is immobility.

The thing about diet, exercise and similar consistency demanding activities, is that they are physically, emotionally and time demanding. Mainly when it comes to exercise, I would rather - or kid myself that I have to - do something else.

Recently, I have put a CONSCIOUS effort and taught myself that, when I don’t have the time for a proper workout, I COMPROMISE by keeping it simple and short. Just enough movements to make sure that all my joints have had their share. Sometimes, I am so busy, I do only 15 to 20 minutes of exercise two times a week, and though quite older now, still I feel better than the times in the old days, when I wouldn’t exercise.

Ultimately, I would exercise three times a week for 30-45 minutes.

Exercising improved my overall health making me less liable to medically related problems, I have more energy, my sleeping pattern is steady, my hives are minimal, my bowel movement is smooth, to count a few … needless to say, my mood has been much better (at least this is what people around me say!)
I was hit by the flu only once so far this year. It lasted for a couple of days and, it was mild enough for me not take any antibiotics.

No comments: